‘My Dad’ — A memorial for Robert Sherman
From the time the ride opened, it was a tradition for the Bob Sherman family to always go on “It’s a Small World,” every time we visited Disneyland. Dad would be on the boat, but he never took in the ride. He’d watch the children’s faces. Dad studied their awe and wonder and loved that, by the end of the ride, these kids would know the words and be singing along. He’d always tear up.
Dad told me he wished he could just stand at the end of that ride and shake everyone’s hand as they stepped off the boat. He wanted to thank each person for listening, for taking to heart his deceptively simple message of peace and brotherhood.
Read this extremely touching tribute by the son of Robert B. Sherman. I promise you won’t be dry eyed by the end. Every single word is true. We all grew up with his (and his brother’s) music … may our great-grandchildren cherish their songs just as dearly.
Just try hating that song after reading this.
20 Notes/ Hide
- kari55a likes this
- tocherette reblogged this from adisneymuse and added:
- aprilcake likes this
- aprilcake reblogged this from adisneymuse
- curiosityleads likes this
- dropsofstars reblogged this from thedisneyfiles
- dropsofstars likes this
- princesshannahbanana reblogged this from disneyforeverlives
- shadesofpemberley reblogged this from adisneymuse
- princesshannahbanana likes this
- disneyforeverlives reblogged this from thedisneyfiles
- cks7 likes this
- oliviain5everland reblogged this from thedisneyfiles
- fernwehmaedchen likes this
- thedisneyfiles reblogged this from adisneymuse and added:
- kennyvee likes this
- lostwendy likes this
- adisneymuse posted this